HMRC have announced that the self-employed (sole traders and those in a partnership) cannot ask their accountant to make the claim for SEISS and will therefore have to do this themselves.

To check your eligibility, you will need your National Insurance number AND Unique Tax Reference number. This will be on any correspondence you have had from HMRC, any tax computations or tax returns you have received from us. It is a 10 digit number.

To make the claim individuals must have a government gateway account and you must provide your business bank account details.

If you do not have a government gateway account, you will need to set one up and will be led through the process.

If you already have one but can’t remember the login details, the quickest way to retrieve them is to google “self assessment contact.” Select webchat and request to be sent an email to reset.  You can also call the self assessment number, which may take longer.

You may also receive a letter regarding SEISS. Claims can be submitted from the 13th of May 2020 and we understand that they will be paid out in June.

If you have difficulties, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us anyway and we will help you however we can!

Scroll to Top